What We Do
- Advance an economic policy agenda focused on improving economic outcomes in three core areas: work, wages, and wealth
- Support candidates for office who are aligned with that agenda by providing endorsements and funding key elections
- Hold government officials across the political spectrum accountable to that agenda
Where We’ll Be In 2018
In 2018 we are supporting candidates who are committed to economic progress in the Black community. We are focused on carefully selected races where our endorsed candidates can win.
- Races in states and districts with a significant Black population
- Races that are competitive and where we can have an impact
- Races where candidates have expressed a commitment to Black economic progress
- Races where Black turnout could be decisive
How You Can Help
BE Alliance grew out of a convening of Black business and civic leaders who have raised money for philanthropies and political campaigns on an ad hoc basis. We decided it was time to come together and collectively leverage our resources in the service of economic justice for the Black community.
BE Alliance will identify and support candidates who champion economic opportunities for Black Americans, and once they are elected, we will hold them accountable.
Leading up to the 2018 midterm elections and beyond, BE Alliance will identify and support candidates who champion economic opportunities for Black Americans, and once they are elected, we will hold them accountable to implementing sustainable policies that will make a real difference in the lives of Black Americans.
It’s time to make our government more responsive to our needs. But we can’t do it alone. Sign up, donate, and join the BE Alliance to help advance issues and support candidates aligned with our mission of increasing work, wages, and wealth for Black Americans.